An important message regarding COVID-19
Dear patients and friends of the Cornerstone Dental Clinic,
We hope this message finds you and your family safe and healthy. In accordance with the easing of restrictions by the Provincial Health Officer, we will be resuming dental services in a slow and safe reopening. We will be calling all of our patients who have had an emergency over the closure followed by those who had a scheduled appointment that was cancelled. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety.
We will be following the guidelines put forth by Worksafe BC, the College of Dental Surgeons of BC and the Provincial Health Officer. In response to the current pandemic, we have augmented our safety protocols in a number of areas based on these guidelines. We will continue to follow these recommendations and may need to adapt some of our protocols as new rulings or guidance is issued so please be patient with us!
CORNERSTONE DENTAL COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS
• Daily staff and dentist health screening.
• All dentists and staff will have their temperature monitored daily.
• Patients will be screened for COVID-19 with a screening questionnaire when scheduling an appointment. You will be asked these same questions again when you arrive for your appointment. If you or anyone in your household becomes sick, please call to reschedule your appointment.
• Your car is our new waiting room! To minimize the number of people in the office, schedules are being staggered and patients are asked to wait for their appointments in their vehicles or outside the clinic entrance on the marked areas.
• You will be asked to contact the office to check in. When we are ready to see you, a team member will greet you outside. They will review the screening questionnaire and take your temperature.
• We will have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will find some in the reception area and other areas in the clinic for you to use as needed. We ask you to please refrain from touching anything with your hands in the clinic.
• After treatment is completed, patients are guided to the check-out area individually to avoid crowding.
• Please brush, floss and use the washroom prior to coming to the clinic as our washroom will be temporarily closed.
• We encourage you to wear a non-medical mask to your appointment.
• We do ask for patients to come into the office without an escort, if possible. If the patient needs an escort this will be limited to one person only and the escort will be required to wear a mask.
• Common areas (lobby, door handles, reception desk) are cleaned regularly with disinfecting wipes (BC Guidelines indicate twice daily). Pens, clipboards and the debit terminal are wiped after each patient use, and all magazines, books and toys have been removed from the lobby and operatories.
• All team members are utilizing additional layers of PPE and clinical staff are asked to arrive at the office in street clothes before changing into scrubs for the day. For high risk procedures, providers will wear all normal PPE and additionally wear face shields and gowns as required. Non-clinical team members will wear gloves and masks when disinfecting the common areas and interacting with patients.
• Patients will be asked to pre-rinse for 60 seconds with a 1% hydrogen peroxide rinse to decrease the viral and bacterial load prior to treatment.
• When possible, oral isolation and suction devices will be utilized for all aerosol producing procedures.
• Treatment rooms, as they were in the past, are thoroughly disinfected with wipes following each patient visit including wiping of all ancillary clinical equipment (loupes, headlamps, face shields, keyboards, etc.).
We have a complete COVID-19 Safety Plan that can be viewed upon request and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. We would like to thank you for being our patient and we value your patience as we work through all these changes. We look forward to seeing you!
The team at Cornerstone Dental – Dr. Rex Hawthorne, Dr. Nicole Cordon, Dr. Sandi DiFabrizio and Dr. Catherine Schulte